The Optimist Club of Gettysburg met on Wednesday, May 1, 2019 at the Gettysburg Lutheran Seminary Valentine Hall. A delicious dinner was prepared by Biggerstaff Catering. President Brian Skidmore welcomed 11 members and 5 guests. Brian opened the evening with the Pledge of Allegiance and Chris Bender gave the invocation. We had a great evening of fellowship.
Speaker: Key Club advisors Tomi Bennett and Amanda Lain presented student members Barley Hoffman, Deepinder Kaeir, and Tiger Frenette who helped us with our Oyster/Shrimp Feed. The Key Club currently has over 90 members and are involved in over 3,000 community service hours.
President Brian and our club members thanked these young people for helping make our oyster feed a success and all they do for our community.
- Secretary’s Report approved
- Treasurer’s Report approved
- President’s Report
- Committee Reports:
- Golf (Bruce) “Clyde E. Williams Jr. Memorial Golf Tournament” approximately 24 foursomes/sponsors are registered and we have room for 12 more foursomes.
- Contact every family member and friend in the area that you know that plays golf and invite them.
- Any businesses that you work for or know ask them to be a sponsor. Show them a list of what we do for kids.
- Bruce will be emailing a sign-up sheet for helping at the golf tournament. We need all hands on deck to make our event a success.
If all 32 Optimist members each get a $500.00 sponsor or foursome the Optimist Golf Tournament will be a huge success!!!! If you prefer that Daryl, Wayne or Bruce phone potential sponsors, just email name and phone number to them.
- The meeting was concluded by reciting the Optimist Creed.
- 5-16-2019 Golf Tournament Fundraiser @ The Links at Gettysburg
- 5-17-19 Optimist Olympics(York Club) 9AM York City Ice Arena
- 6-5-2019 Regular Meeting @ Refectory – Sue Hill will speak on the Lewis and Clark Trail
- 9-7 & 9-8-2019 Gettysburg Wine & Music Festival Parking (Gettysburg Chamber of Commerce)
Respectfully Submitted, Daryl Aurand, Secretary