The Optimist Club of Gettysburg met on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 at the Gettysburg Lutheran Seminary Refectory. A delicious shrimp pasta dinner was prepared by Biggerstaff Catering.
President Dan Mattern welcomed (16) members and (2) guests. Dan opened the evening with the invocation and pledge. Dinner was served.
- Dan recognized our guests Chris Bender invited by Brian Skidmore and Craig Walker invited by Bruce Bradshaw.
Chris has decided to become a member of our club. Welcome aboard Chris, as a member of the “Optimist Club of Gettysburg.”
- Reports: President’s report given by Dan involved the club members voting to accept the new “By Laws”. With this action we can now submit our paperwork and move forward as a 501 c 3 nonprofit club. Dan and all club members in attendance thank Sam Isenberger, Bob Campbell, and Rich Finkenbiner for their arduous effort in completing this task.
Secretary’s report emailed by Daryl was approved and Treasure’s report given by Tom.
- Committee Reports:
- Basketball (Kris and Mindy) – Kris reported that approximately 130 children are involved in our program and numbers have been increasing weekly. Help is needed this Saturday January 20 from 9-12PM at the Gettysburg Middle School gym due to “Photo Shoot” so if you can help it will be greatly appreciated. Joe MacDowell and Al Parone are setting up lower height hoops for the children.
- Oyster / Shrimp Feed (Wayne and Stacey) – The date is set for March 24. Our website and Facebook is receiving positive response and Marci reported reservations have been made.
The word is START SELLING TICKETS NOW!!!! Be sure to collect the money and mark paid on the ticket.
3. Golf (Bruce) Every member is being asked to help get sponsors and foursomes. If all 33 Optimist members each get a $500.00 sponsor the Optimist Golf Tournament will be a huge success!!!! If you prefer Daryl or Bruce will phone potential sponsors, just email name and phone number
4. Fundraiser – Further discussion about parking cars at the Gettysburg Wine and Music Festival, Saturday and Sunday, September 8th & 9th sponsored by the Gettysburg Adams Chamber of Commerce continued. We will be following up on the feasibility of our club handling this opportunity.
- 2/7/18 Next Optimist meeting @ Gettysburg Seminary Refectory
- 1/20/18 Optimist Basketball photo shoot
- 1/24/18 STARS Breakfast
- 3/24/18 Oyster/Shrimp Fundraiser @ Gettysburg Fire Hall, call Stacey for tickets
- 5/17/18 Golf Tournament Fundraiser @ The Links at Gettysburg
Respectfully Submitted, Daryl Aurand, Secretary