The Optimist Club of Gettysburg met on Wednesday, June 5, 2019 at the Gettysburg Lutheran Seminary Refectory. A steak dinner was prepared by Biggerstaff Catering. President Brian Skidmore welcomed 21 members and 6 guests. Brian opened the evening with the Pledge of Allegiance and Wayne Hill gave the invocation. We had a great evening of fellowship.
Speaker: Sue Hill was our speaker and shared Wayne and her trip on the “Lewis and Clark Expedition”.
- Secretary’s Report approved
- Treasurer’s Report approved
- President’s Report
- Committee Reports:
- Dollars for Scholars was reported by President Brian and our female recipient was Julia Gessaman and our male recipient was Taylor Neller. Both received $1,000.00 scholarships from our club.
- Our 9th Annual Golf Outing was reported to be a success by chairman Bruce Bradshaw. We had great weather and made a nice amount to assist in keeping our Optimist Activities going. Thank you Bruce and everyone involved to make this a success.
- Wine Festival Parking for September 7 – 8 is in the planning. Chairman Brian is circulating a sign-up sheet.
- The meeting was concluded by reciting the Optimist Creed.
- 6-19-2019 Regular Meeting @ Lake Heritage Pavilion
- 7-3-2019 No Regular Meeting
- 7-17-2019 Summer Picnic @ Wayne and Sue Hill’s residence
- 8-7-2019 Regular Meeting at Lake Heritage Pavilion
- 8-21-2019 Regular Meeting and 4th Quarter Zone Meeting at Lake Heritage Pavilion
- 9-7 & 9-8-2019 Gettysburg Wine & Music Festival Parking
Respectfully Submitted, Daryl Aurand, Secretary