The Optimist Club of Gettysburg met on Wednesday, June 6, 2018 for our first summer meeting held at the Lake Heritage pavilion.
President Dan Mattern welcomed (16) members and (6) guests. Dan opened the evening with the invocation. All members and guests recited the pledge of allegiance. A great dinner was enjoyed by all, thank you Stacey.
- The evening started with our guests from Gettysburg Community Theatre presenting us with some wonderful music sung by two sisters who are actively involved at GCT. Chad Allan Carr, director highlighted some of the theaters activities and thanked the Optimist Club for our support.
- Brian Skidmore introduced his guest/prospective member “Brandon Mummert” and Brandon turned in his application to become a Gettysburg Optimist Club member. Kudos Brian for introducing Brandon to our club.
- Wayne Hill introduced his guest/prospective member “Sue Hill” and we look forward to Sue’s becoming a member of the Gettysburg Optimist Club. Again thank you Wayne for asking Sue to become a member.
- Committee Reports:
- Golf (Bruce) – reports that our postponed golf tournament’s plans are coming together. Our new date is Monday June 25th. We have some openings for our tournament but contact Bruce, Wayne, or Daryl if you have a foursome interested. We have this event posted on our website.
- 6/12/18 Zone Meeting in Lancaster
- 6/18/18 meeting at Gettysburg Rec Park, Fireman’s pavilion with Kiwanis Club.
- 6/20/18 no meeting due to meeting with Kiwanis
- 6/25/18 Golf Tournament Fundraiser @ The Links at Gettysburg
- No meeting on July 4th
- 7/18/18 annual summer picnic at Wayne & Sue Hill
- 9/8th an 9/9th Wine Festival Parking fund raiser
Respectfully Submitted, Daryl Aurand, Secretary