The Optimist Club of Gettysburg met on Wednesday, March 20, 2019 at O’Rorke’s Family Eatery. As usual we had a great evening of fellowship. President Brian Skidmore welcomed 11 members in attendance. Brian opened the evening with the Pledge of Allegiance and gave the invocation.
- Secretary’s Report approved
- Treasure’s Report approved
- President’s Report
- Brian reported on a successful Oyster / Shrimp Feed and how everyone including members, spouses and guests, and Key Club students did an outstanding job. Again thank you everyone.
- Our golf outing is our next event scheduled for May 16. C.E. Williams Sons, Inc. will be our major sponsor again for this tournament. We need sponsorships, foursomes, and prizes. If each member can help in some way our tournament will be a success. If you prefer Wayne, Daryl or Bruce will phone potential sponsors, just email name and phone number.
- The meeting was concluded by reciting the Optimist Creed.
- 4-3-2019 Meeting @ Refectory, guest speaker Elida Murray from AC Children’s Advocacy Center
- 4-17-2019 Regular Meeting
- 5-1-2019 Regular Meeting
- 5-16-2019 Golf Tournament Fundraiser @ The Links at Gettysburg
- 5-17-19 Optimist Olympics(York Club)
- 9-7 and 9-8-2019 Festival Parking
Respectfully Submitted, Daryl Aurand, Secretary