The Optimist Club of Gettysburg met on Wednesday, April 15, 2020 at 7:00 PM using the Zoom app thanks to President Marci. This was our second virtual membership, Gettysburg Optimist Club meeting. We had 10 members join in from their homes. We also welcomed our newest member Steve Burton.
- The program portion of the meeting was directed by Marci and was more of a discussion by members in attendance and we all agreed if nothing else it was great to see smiling faces and healthy friends.
- Secretary’s report was approved.
- Treasure’s report was approved:
- Activity Fund $930.
- General Fund $2402.
- President’s report was primarily discussing an OI invitation Webinar: Post Pandemic Growth Strategies. When: Thursday, April 16, 2020 7 p.m. Central Time (US and Canada)
I will forward this information to our membership which has the link to this meeting.
- Golf Tournament (10/8/20) – is our new date, details to follow. Please put this date on your calendar to help the club.
- Giving Spree (ACCF) – Tom – Discussion will continue regarding club involvement in the 2020 campaign.
- Wine and Music Festival Parking (9/12 & 13/2020) – Brian
Please put this date on your calendar to help the club.
- Amphitheater Dedication date to be determined.
- Officer nominations for next year, 2020 – 2021
- President Brian Skidmore
- Vice President TBD
- Treasure Tom Barako
- Secretary Daryl Aurand
- OI Foundation Rep TBD
- Board of Dir TBD
- 5/6/2020 Membership mtg via Zoom @ 7 PM
- 5/20/2020 No Membership mtg
- 6/3/2020 Membership mtg at Daryl & Lyne’s home
- 9/12 & 13/2020 Wine and Music Festival Parking
- 10/8/2020 Golf Tournament Fundraiser rescheduled @ The Links at Gettysburg, Tee Time 12:00 Noon
- 12/16/2020 Holiday Party
- 3/13/2021 Oyster and Shrimp Feed
President Marci ended the meeting with all members joining in reciting the Optimist Creed.
Respectfully Submitted, Daryl Aurand, Secretary