The Optimist Club of Gettysburg met on Wednesday, June 19, 2019 at the Lake Heritage Pavilion. A delicious chicken and beef brisket dinner was prepared by Biggerstaff Catering. President Brian Skidmore welcomed 14 members. Brian opened the evening with the Pledge of Allegiance and gave the invocation. We had a great evening of fellowship.
1. Secretary’s Report approved
2. Treasurer’s Report approved
3. President’s Report
President Brian opened the floor for discussion with regard to various social events and members agreed with this idea. Nothing specific was planned at this time.
4. Committee Reports:
Wine Festival Parking for September 7 – 8 is in the planning. Chairman Brian is circulating a sign-up sheet. By working a shift for this 2 day event allows you entrance into the event at no cost. We need help so ask family and friends. The free entrance offer is extended to all who work this event.
5. The meeting was concluded by reciting the Optimist Creed.
• 7-3-2019 No Regular Meeting
• 7-17-2019 Summer Picnic @ Wayne and Sue Hill’s residence
• 8-7-2019 Regular Meeting at Lake Heritage Pavilion
• 8-21-2019 Regular Meeting and 4th Quarter Zone Meeting at Lake Heritage Pavilion,
Steak Dinner, 6 PM social, 6:30 PM dinner, $15 for guests,
RSVP Daryl Aurand @ firstname.lastname@example.org
• 9-7 & 9-8-19 Gettysburg Wine & Music Festival Parking
• 12-7-19 Optimist Christmas Magic Show
Respectfully Submitted, Daryl Aurand, Secretary