The Optimist Club of Gettysburg met on Wednesday, November 1, 2017 at the Gettysburg Lutheran Seminary Refectory. A delicious ham dinner was prepared by Biggerstaff’s Catering.
President Dan Mattern welcomed the members and guests. Dan opened the meeting with the invocation and pledge of allegiance. Dinner was served.
- Governor Dallas Smith joined us for the evening and discussed requirements for Honor Clubs with part of the criteria being to net a plus (3) for our membership. Dallas also recognized Gettysburg for setting the bar for all of our activities and contributions to our community.
- VP Brian Skidmore introduced his guest, Chris Bender, assistant golf course superintendent at Chambersburg Country Club. Chris and his wife reside in Biglerville.
- Approval was made of the minutes from the 10-18 meeting and treasurer’s report.
- President Dan thanked all who volunteered for the Christmas Salvation Army Bell ringing date of 12-21.
- Doug Miller reported the Christmas Magic Show telephone solicitation is under way.
- Dan thanked Fred Darling for his time serving as Santa Claus and gave a thank you to Tedd Sayres for stepping to the plate to be our new Santa Claus.
- The meeting was concluded by reciting the Optimist Creed.
- 11/15/17 Next meeting, 6:00 pm Social, 6:30 PM Dinner @ Gettysburg Seminary Refectory Speaker – Ruth Topper, Rising Stars GASD and Holiday Outreach
- 1st Quarter Zone Meeting 11/06 @ 6PM Meadow Hill Restaurant in York
- Salvation Army Bell Ringing 12/21/17
- Optimist Christmas Dinner @ Gettysburg Seminary Refectory 12/13/17
- Christmas Magic Show 12/08/17 @ Lincoln Elementary
- Optimist Basketball signups 12/02 & 12/09 @ Middle School 9AM-11AM
- 3/24/18 Oyster/Shrimp Fundraiser @ Gettysburg Fire Hall
- 5/17/18 Golf Tournament Fundraiser @ The Links at Gettysburg
Daryl Aurand, Secretary