The Optimist Club of Gettysburg met on Wednesday, November 7, 2018 at the Gettysburg Lutheran Seminary Refectory. A delicious smoked brisket dinner was prepared by Biggerstaff Catering. President Brian Skidmore welcomed (17) members. Brian opened the evening with the pledge of allegiance and gave the invocation.
- Walt Jones, Fred Darling, and Lyne Aurand had been given the task of creating criteria for helping in the selection of “Gettysburg Optimist” student recipients for “Dollars for Scholars”. Walt presented the proposal to the club with choices for the members to choose from. The proposal was discussed and with the members assistance the finalized criteria will be presented at a future meeting to be voted on for approval.
- Brian, Dan Mattern, and Gary Rappoldt represented our club at the 1st quarter zone meeting in York.
- The board of directors discussed a change in reducing dues for couples, full price for (1) and ½ price for the (2nd). After the motion and discussion it was approved and decided this would be tried for a one year trial period.
- Our next meeting is our annual Optimist Christmas Dinner @ Gettysburg Seminary Refectory, 12-12-18. Please RSVP Tom Barako.
- The meeting was concluded by reciting the Optimist Creed.
- 11-21 due to Thanksgiving NO meeting
- 12-1 and 12-8 @ Gettysburg Middle School Optimist Basketball sign-ups 9-11
- 12-7-18 Christmas Magic Show @ Lincoln Elementary 7pm
- 12-12-18 Optimist Christmas Dinner @ Gettysburg Seminary Refectory, RSVP Tom Barako 6pm
- 12-20-18 Christmas Salvation Army bell ringing
- 3-16-2019 Oyster/Shrimp Fundraiser @ Gettysburg Fire Hall, tickets $40/person 12-3pm
- 5-16-2019 Golf Tournament Fundraiser @ The Links at Gettysburg 1pm
Respectfully Submitted, Daryl Aurand, Secretary