The Optimist Club of Gettysburg met on Wednesday, October 3, 2018 at the Gettysburg Lutheran Seminary Refectory. A delicious chicken and ham dinner was prepared by Biggerstaff Catering. President Dan Mattern welcomed (20) members and (5) guests. Dan opened the evening and led the pledge and Joe gave the invocation.
- Dan Mattern opened the meeting with the announcement of the passing of a great Optimist year while he was president. Dan thanked all the members for their support throughout 2017-2018.
- Dan Mattern reviewed the past year and thanked the 2017-2018 officers: Brian, Daryl, and Tom; Board of Directors: Bruce, Bill, Walt, and Sam; as well all members and spouses for their support.
- The main order of business was the installation of new officers and Board of Directors for 2018-2019 by Dan: (Officers) President-Brian Skidmore, Vice President-Marci Cropp, Secretary-Daryl Aurand, and Treasurer-Tom Barako, (Board of Directors) Chris Bender, Mindy Accardi, Doug Miller, and Dan Mattern.
- Newly elected President Brian Skidmore addressed the membership stating the Optimist International mission is, “Bringing out the best in the next century.” Brian reiterated the need for the club to gain new membership.
- Tom Barako led the recitation of the Optimist Creed to close the meeting.
- 10/10/18 board of directors meeting 6:30 PM
- 10/17/18 Next meeting, 6:00 pm Social, 6:30 PM Dinner @ La Bella Restaurant
- Salvation Army Bell Ringing for 2018 to be announced.
- 12/12/18 Optimist Christmas Dinner @ Gettysburg Seminary Refectory
- Optimist Basketball 2018 – 2019 dates to be announced.
- 3/16/2019 Oyster/Shrimp Fundraiser @ Gettysburg Fire Hall
- 5/16/2019 Golf Tournament Fundraiser @ The Links at Gettysburg
Respectfully Submitted, Daryl Aurand, Secretary