The Optimist Club of Gettysburg met on Wednesday, September 19, 2018 for our annual “Respect for Law” meeting at the Gettysburg Lutheran Seminary Refectory.
President Dan Mattern welcomed 16 members and 2 guests in attendance. We opened the evening with the invocation and all members reciting the pledge of allegiance. A great dinner was enjoyed by all, thank you Stacey.
- Program: Hurshel Shank, “Fire Chief” since 2013 was our first speaker. He spoke of the many services offered by the fire department from their fighting fires, extensive line of equipment, museum, and availability of the social hall. Jim Fox, “Fire Prevention Officer” spoke of his commitment to educating our community on fire safety. He speaks regularly to area schools, service clubs, day care centers, and many more groups. Many thanks to Chairman Doug Miller for another great job on our “Respect for Law” project in recognizing our Fire Department Heroes.
- Reports: Dan reported on the “Chamber Parking for Wine Fest” was a success on September 8th in spite of the rainy weather. Thank you Brian for chairing this activity and many thanks to our members who braved the wet weather.
- Secretary’s minutes for the September 5, 2018 meeting was approved.
- Treasure’s report was presented by Tom Barako.
- October 3rd Officer Installation Banquet @ the Refectory 6PM, guests $10, RSVP to Dan by September 27.
- October 10th Board of Directors and Officers calendar planning meeting at Gettysburg Eddies (upstairs at 6:30PM)
- October 17th Regular meeting at La Bella Restaurant (Pizza Party)
- December 7th is our Christmas magic show
- December 12th Christmas Dinner/Party @ the Refectory
Respectfully Submitted, Daryl Aurand, Secretary