The Optimist Club of Gettysburg met on Wednesday, September 5, 2018 at the “Lake Heritage Pavilion”.
President Dan Mattern welcomed 21 members attending the meeting. We opened the evening with all members reciting the pledge of allegiance and Wayne Hill giving the invocation. A steak dinner was prepared by the hands of Optimists and enjoyed by all.
- First order of business was former President Don Davis installing our (3) newest members, Brandon Mummert, Chris Bender, and Lyne Aurand.
- Joe Mac Dowell was presented the Life Membership award.
- Reports: President Dan thanked our membership in stepping forward to volunteer their time for the wine festival parking of cars on September 8th and 9th. Kudos to Brian Skidmore who chaired this first ever undertaking by our club.
- After attending the GASD graduation awards ceremony President Dan asked members to consider requirements for the two $1,000.00 Optimist Scholarships. Samples will be presented at a future meeting.
- Secretary’s minutes for the August 15, 2018 meeting was approved.
- Treasure’s report included presenting the 2018-2019 new budget to the club and it was unanimously approved.
- Tom Barako also reported that our 501 c 3 nonprofit status is official and a special recognition to members, Sam Isenberger, Rich Finkenbiner, and Bob Campbell for all they did in making this possible.
- September 19th meeting is our “Respect for Law” @ the Refectory
- October 3rd Officer Installation Banquet @ the Refectory, guests $10, RSVP
- October 10th Board of Directors and Officers calendar planning meeting
- October 17th Regular meeting at LaBella Restaurant (Pizza Party)
- December 7th is our Christmas magic show
- December 12th Christmas Dinner/Party @ the Refectory
Respectfully Submitted, Daryl Aurand, Secretary