The Gettysburg Optimist Club met on October 17,2018,at LaBella Restaurant in Gettysburg. President Brian Skidmore opened the meeting at 6:30 pm and invited everyone to enjoy a delicious pizza dinner.
After dinner Brian covered the following business items:
1. Secretary’s Report. No report.
2. Treasurer’s Report. No report.
3. President’s Report:
4. Bell Ringing The club participates in the annual Salvation Army Bell Ringing on December 20. Brian will have a sign-up sheet at the next meeting.
5. Magic Show Doug Miller is planning this annual event on December 7,7:00pm,at Lincoln Elementary.
6. Youth Basketball Kris and Mindy Accardi are coordinating this. Kris said that plans are proceeding well. Sign-ups will be December 1 and 8.
7. Oyster Feed March 15 and 16. Wayne Hill reported that plans are proceeding. The charge will be $40 per person again.
8. Golf Outing Bruce Bradshaw reported that plans are progressing very well. A letter will be sent soon. May 16.
Closing remarks: No one had any closing comments.
President Brian closed the meeting at 7:50 pm with a recitation of the Optimist Creed.
Optimistically submitted Fred Darling