Optimist Club of Gettysburg Meeting Minutes October 4, 2017
The Optimist Club of Gettysburg met on Wednesday, October 4, 2017 at the Gettysburg Lutheran Seminary Refectory. A delicious chicken and pork dinner was prepared by Biggerstaff’s Catering.
Past President Daryl Aurand welcomed the members and guests and recognized member, Stacey Green, and her staff for their wonderful catering service and delicious food. A picture of new officers and Board of Directors for 2017-2018 was taken by the Gettysburg Times. Dinner was served.
- Daryl Aurand and Wayne Hill opened the mtg with the announcement of the passing of a wonderful member, past president, and friend, Bill Sentz.
- Daryl reviewed the past year and thanked the 2016-2017 officers: Wayne, Fred, and Tom; Board of Directors: Bruce, Bill, Walt, and Sam; as well all members for their support.
- Bruce Bradshaw presented the treasured Gettysburg Optimist Annual Pictorial Award to Wayne for all his work and planning of the Gettysburg Optimist Oyster Feed fundraiser. Bruce stated that he hoped the artwork would be displayed in a place of honor.
- The main order of business was the installation of new officers and Board of Directors for 2017-2018 by Wayne: (Officers) President-Dan Mattern, Vice President-Brian Skidmore, Secretary-Daryl Aurand, and Treasurer-Tom Barako, (Board of Directors) Bill Pyron, Mindy Accardi, and Doug Miller.
- President Dan Mattern addressed the membership stating that one of the club’s goals for 2017-2018 is to increase membership by 5. Dan also extended a get well wish of quick recovery to Marci Cropp via her dad, Mark. A planter from the club members was given to Marci when she returned home from the hospital.
- Tom Barako led the recitation of Optimist Creed to close the mtg.
- 10/18/17 Next mtg, 6:00 pm Social, 6:30 PM Dinner @ Gettysburg Seminary Refectory
- Salvation Army Bell Ringing to be announced.
- 12/13/17 Optimist Christmas Dinner @ Gettysburg Seminary Refectory
- Optimist Basketball to be announced.
- 3/24/18 Oyster/Shrimp Fundraiser @ Gettysburg Fire Hall
- 5/17/18 Golf Tournament Fundraiser @ The Links at Gettysburg
Respectfully Submitted, Daryl, Secretary