The Optimist Club of Gettysburg met on Wednesday, August 15, 2018. We hosted the 4th quarter zone meeting at Lake Heritage.
President Dan Mattern welcomed (8) members and (8) guests from the East York and Lancaster Optimist Clubs. We opened the evening with all members reciting the pledge of allegiance and Dan giving the invocation. A pulled pork barbeque dinner was enjoyed by all, thank you Stacey.
- First order of business was Lieutenant Governor Dallas Smith welcoming all members and thanking us for all of our projects in helping the youth of our communities. Club Presidents gave reports on their respective club activities.
- Committee Reports:
- Wine Festival – The Gettysburg Optimist Club will be parking cars on September 8th and 9th. Brian Skidmore is chairman of this fundraiser and will be sending out the time schedule that we have volunteered to help.
- September 5th next meeting at Lake Heritage Pavilion
- September 8th and 9th , Wine Festival Parking fund raiser
- September 19th meeting is our “Respect for Law” and steak dinner
- October 3rd Officer Installation Banquet @ Refectory
- October 10th Board of Directors and Officers calendar planning meeting
- October 17th Regular meeting at Refectory
- December 7th is our Christmas magic show
Respectfully Submitted, Daryl Aurand, Secretary