The Optimist Club of Gettysburg met on Wednesday, February 3, 2021 at 7:00 PM by Zoom. We had 15 members in attendance via Zoom. All members participated and we had discussion regarding what we are up to personally and offered an appreciation to at least being able to meet virtually knowing we all are looking forward to the day we can meet in person.
This makes our second virtual Gettysburg Optimist Club membership meeting in 2021.
- Secretary’s Report: Minutes from our January 6, 2021 meeting were approved.
- Treasure’s Report: Approved
General Account: $2,889.63
Activities Account: $6,242.34
- President’s Report:
- President Brian and Opt. basketball chair Chris Bender discussed our club’s inability to host our normal Opt. basketball program due to covid restrictions with the Gettysburg School District. We discussed another possibility to host a clinic this summer and a committee was formed. The specifics will be reported at a future meeting.
- Brian discussed the possibility for an in person social with a date and time to be sent from Brian. Keep an eye on your email for this.
- Brian and Tom reminded us we are in serious need of a Vice President and Treasure for our 2021 – 2022 Gettysburg Optimist Calendar year. Call or email Brian and/or Tom if you can step to the plate.
- 3/3/202 Regular Optimist Meeting using Zoom.
- 3/2021 In person social, Brian will email specific date and time
- 4/7/2021 Regular Optimist Meeting using Zoom
- 5/20/2021 Optimist Golf Tournament
- 9/11-12/2021 Wine and Music Festival
- 3/26/2022 Oyster & Shrimp Feed
Respectfully Submitted, Daryl Aurand, Secretary