The Optimist Club of Gettysburg met on Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 7:00 PM by Zoom. All members participated and we had discussion regarding what we are up to personally and offered an appreciation to at least being able to meet virtually knowing we all are looking forward to the day we can meet in person.
This makes our fourth virtual Gettysburg Optimist Club membership meeting in 2021.
- Secretary’s Report:
- Treasure’s Report: Approved
- President’s Report:
- President Brian discussed the planning for a Optimist basketball clinic and hosting this event at Gettysburg Area Recreation Park in August and providing a picnic for youth and families. The specifics will be reported at a future meeting.
- An in person social was held at Four Score with on March 10 with six members attending and a great evening enjoyed.
- Brian and Tom reminded us we are in serious need of a Vice President and Treasure for our 2021 – 2022 Gettysburg Optimist Calendar year. Call or email Brian and/or Tom if you can step to the plate.
- Golf Tournament, 5/20/21, is our date and all advertising details are available on our website. Please put this date on your calendar to help and participate the club. If you have any questions call Daryl or Tom.
- Giving Spree, Joe Mac Dowell, chairman for this fund raising event will need some committee member volunteers to help us make this event successful. Give Joe a call if you can help.
- We had discussion on ideas for new membership and fundraiser events.
- Our 5/5/21 in person meeting would be an opportunity to invite guests.
- 5/5/2021 Next Meeting @ Lake Heritage Pavilion, dinner 6:30 followed by meeting. We may have a guest speaker/member to discuss (Life Preserver) Shermans Echo ??
- 5/20/2021 Optimist Golf Tournament
- 6/2/2021 Meeting @ Lake Heritage
- 7/14/2021 Picnic @ residence of Wayne & Sue
- 8/4/2021 4th Quarter Zone meeting hosted @ Lake Heritage
- 9/1/2021 Meeting
- 9/11-12/2021 Wine and Music Festival
- 3/26/2022 Oyster & Shrimp Feed
Respectfully Submitted, Daryl Aurand, Secretary