Gettysburg Optimist Club Meeting – February 5, 2020
The Gettysburg Optimist Club met at the Refectory on Wednesday, February 5, 2020. President Marci Cropp opened the meeting at 6:30 pm with Pledge of Allegiance and homily by Joe Macdowell.
Everyone then enjoyed a delicious dinner provided by Stacey Green.
Program: After dinner Marci introduced our guest speaker Mr. Anthony Floyd. Anthony spoke about the Outdoor Camp and the activities provided to children there. Club members presented a check to Tony for continuing program efforts.
Treasurer’s Report – Tom Barako reported our present balances and that the club is in great financial condition. Please submit dues payments at your earliest convenience.
President’s Report – Five of the club members attended the STARS Program at Gettysburg Area High School held on January 29.
Marci and Fred attend a luncheon held by the Chamber of Commerce on February 5 at the Hanover Country Club. The Optimist Club was given an appreciation award recognizing 10 years of support.
- Chris and Brian reported on the Youth Basketball Program. The program has been very successful with many positive comments. Club members are encouraged to attend the sessions.
- Oyster Feed 3/28/20 – Plans are proceeding well. Please sign up to help for the day. Sell those remaining tickets!
- Golf Tournament – Tom Barako reported that plans are proceeding well. They need more foursomes and sponsors.
- Tom Barako asked that the club consider having a booth at the Giving Spree in November. Applications are due by April 1.
- Wine and Music Festival – September 12 and 13. Plans are proceeding well for this.
- Doug Miller reported that the Dinosaur Program will not take place this year. He will continue efforts for future dates
- Mark Cropp said that the Face Of America – Custer’s Calvary team is looking for more members. April 25 and 26. Contact Mark for more details
A total of 12 members attended this meeting. President Marci closed the meeting at 7:40 with recitation of the Optimist Creed.
Optimistically reported, Fred Darling