https://i0.wp.com/gettysburgoptimist.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/optimist-logo.jpg?fit=1080%2C1080&ssl=1 1080 1080 Gettysburg Optimist https://gettysburgoptimist.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/02130-Logo-300x96.png Gettysburg Optimist2023-03-04 11:27:262023-03-06 09:23:15Meeting Minutes – March1, 2023
The Gettysburg Optimist Club met on March 1,2023, at the Deatrick Commons Community Center. The meeting was called to order by President Gary Rappoldt at 6:30 pm. Gary made an invocation followed by a delicious homemade lasagna dinner. This was followed by the Business Session at 7:00 pm.
1. Secretary Report. Fred Darling no report.
2. Treasurer Report Randy Smith. Approved
3. President’s Report. Gary reported that there will be a BOD meeting probably on March 15. Asked members to consider returning to two meetings per month?
4. Respect for Law. Doug said that this program will be March 22 at 9:00 am at the Court House. Detective Honoree has been selected.
5. Golf Outing. Dan Mattern reported that plans are proceeding well. He talked about the new flyer, and if anyone wants copies to see him. May 18
6. Member Comments
– Gary. Get together with Walt Jones about the Youth Golf Program.
– Brian. Donation Recommendation
– Don. Kudos to the people who work with youngsters in the various sports programs.
– Fred. Dan, Gary, and I attended the STARS program at Gettysburg High School.
7. General Discussion. There was discussion regarding club support of the Little League Team. Support will continue. Also discussion about the sign that was made placed on the Rec Park fence regarding Optimist support. Total cost of everything was approved at $650
– 4/5 Regular Meeting at Deatrick Commons Community Center.
– 5/3 Regular Meeting at Deatrick Commons Community Center
– 5/18 golf tournament
– 6/7 Regular Meeting Officer elections and Budget
– 7/12 Optimist Club Picnic
– 9/9and9/10 Wine and Music Festival Parking
– 10/4 Banquet and Installation
Optimistically submitted, Fred Darling
The Optimist Club of Gettysburg, PA was chartered in 1958 as an affiliate of Optimist International. The Club has been in continuous service to the Gettysburg community and its youth.