The Optimist Club of Gettysburg met on Wednesday, Sept 1, 2021 via zoom due to hurricane Ida. We had 11 members in attendance.
- Secretary’s Report: Approved
- Treasure’s Report: Approved
General Account: Reported
Activities Account: Reported
- President’s Report:
- Voted in the two new officers: Gary Rappoldt, as president, and Randy Smith as treasurer effective October 1.
- Still need an officer for vice president, and we need (2) new board of director members to replace Stacey and Darlene who have served their terms.
- Voted to approve the budgets for next year. Dues will be $140 per year
- Agreed to have the installation banquet on 10/6 at the Mansion House. Buffet menu was provided, and the club can pick up the $22 per person cost. Cash bar.
- Parking volunteers still needed to fill the open slots. See attached sign-up sheet.
- Christmas dinner on Dec 8 – Stacey to confirm if she can do it at the fire hall.
- Basketball Committee Report
The first Optimist Summer Basketball Clinic was a success! Approximately, 50 girls and boys grades K – 5th attended the clinic held on Sunday, August 29 from 12:30-3:00 p.m. at Rec Park Firemen Pavilion and 2 basketball courts. The basketball committee consisted of Brian, Chris, Marci, Stacy, Daryl, and Lyne. The following is the wonderful group of Optimist volunteers that helped with set up, pre-registration, late registration, sign up of parent coaches for winter, and dispersed Optimist member pamphlets, beverages, and snacks: Wayne, Dan, Walt, Fred, Brandon, and Al. The clinic stations were organized by the GHS Girls Basketball Coach, Jeff Bair, and Boys Basketball Coach, Marc McLean. Approximately, 12 GHS girls’ and boys’ basketball players supervised each station. Most parents watched the clinic sitting on lawn chairs and blankets at Rec Park. Media was done via Peach Jar GASD, the coaches Twitter, and a front-page article written by Adam Michael. Due to the success of the program, the Optimist Club will consider offering the free clinic during the summer of 2022.
- Voted to require dual signatures for checks, and all officers will have signature capability
- 9/11-12/2021 Wine and Music Festival
- 10/6/2021 installation banquet at the Mansion House.
- 11/3/2021 Meeting location TBA
- 12/8/21 Holiday Dinner more info to follow
- 3/26/2022 Oyster & Shrimp Feed
Respectfully Submitted, Daryl Aurand, Secretary