The Optimist Club of Gettysburg has been an institution in the Adams County area for decades, and a huge part of our success has been incredible community support. To ensure that the Optimist Club is around for future generations, here are some ways you could help the Club to ensure we’re still around to better the lives of youth in the community.
1. BECOME A MEMBER. Probably the number one way to support the Club is to become a member. Membership ensures a working body to plan and host events, and conduct administrative duties.With an aging population and declining membership, many service organizations are having trouble maintaining numbers and keeping a community presence. Ensure the Gettysburg Optimist Club is still around by becoming a member today! Consider coming to a meeting to learn more!
2. SUPPORT CLUB FUNDRAISERS. The Club donates almost $30,000 a year to youth oriented programs in the community. The funds donated are raised through several annual fundraisers, such as a golf tournament, oyster feed, and a holiday magic show.
3. SPREAD THE WORD. You can help by sharing news about the Club with friends, family, neighbors, and co-workers. Visit our website, or follow us on social media like Facebook or Twitter.
4. PARTNER WITH US. Please contact the Club if you are interested in helping the Club start a new project, or assist with a ongoing one.
5. DONATE. Whether it’s your time or money, if it’s donated to the Gettysburg Optimist Club it will be put to good use!