The Optimist Club of Gettysburg met on Wednesday, January 6, 2021 at 7:00 PM by Zoom. We had 8 members who met by zoom. This makes our first virtual membership Gettysburg Optimist Club meeting for the new year.
- Secretary’s Report: Approved
- Treasure’s Report: Approved
- General Account: $2,768
- Activities Account: $7,492
- President’s Report:
- Sadly, we had to cancel our in-person Holiday Party that had been planned for 12/16/20
- Our Salvation Army Bell ringing event was a success on 12/11/20 and Brian thanks everyone who volunteered to help.
- Our club is still looking for a Vice President
- Giving Spree: We made $1,710.00 from this event. 28 donors total with 13 members contributions and 15 non member contributions. Considered a success for our first time. We discussed ways to improve this fund raiser such as asking our membership for (10) prospects with mailing addresses and email address.
- An idea for a new fund raiser proposed by Dan Mattern is a “Bicycle Ride”. We need a committee as Mark Cropp volunteered along with Dan. If you are interested in helping with this committee contact Dan.
- 11/17/20 – 1st Quarter Zone Meeting, was attended by Brian along with Fred.
- Optimist Basketball update will be held in the spring with the date to be determined
- Oyster & Shrimp Feed planned for March 2021 is still under consideration and look forward to an update for this project.
- 5/20/21 – Optimist Golf Tournament
- 2/03/21 Regular Meeting using Zoom
- 2021 Meetings: Per our calendar our meetings are set to be virtual using Zoom for the months of January, February, and March. We will review our membership meeting status regularly. We all prefer in person meetings but in these times our virtual is our safest alternative.
Daryl Aurand, Secretary