The Optimist Club of Gettysburg met on Wednesday, March 6, 2019 at the Gettysburg Lutheran Seminary Refectory. A delicious meatloaf dinner was prepared by Biggerstaff Catering. President Brian Skidmore welcomed 16 members and 4 guests. Brian opened the evening with the Pledge of Allegiance and gave the invocation.
- Secretary’s Report approved
- Treasure’s Report approved
- President’s Report
- 2nd quarter zone meeting attended on 2-19-19 by Brian Skidmore, Dan Mattern, and Gary Rapholdt
- Optimist Basketball Recognition
- Co-chairman Kris Accardi recognized volunteer coaches who were in attendance, Jim Hartnet (20 years of volunteering), Kyla Weatherly, and David Swain. Kris also recognized Mindy for her help as Co-chair and Chris Bender who has been a great help with running our Optimist Basketball Program. We served 139 youth with this program this winter.
- Committee Reports:
- Oyster / Shrimp Feed (Wayne and Stacey) – The date is March 16. Friday 3-15 @ 6PM preparation and set-up. Saturday 3-16 @ 9AM all hands on deck. Bring a dessert!
- Golf (Bruce) – The date is May 16. Every member is being asked to help get sponsors and foursomes. If all 33 Optimist members each get a $500.00 sponsor the Optimist Golf Tournament will be a huge success!!!! If you prefer Wayne, Daryl or Bruce will phone potential sponsors, just email name and phone number.
- The meeting was concluded by reciting the Optimist Creed.
- 3-20-2019 Optimist Meeting 6 PM place To Be Determined.
- 3-16-2019 Oyster/Shrimp Fundraiser @ Gettysburg Fire Hall, tickets $40/person, contact Wayne or Stacey for tickets
- 5-16-2019 Golf Tournament Fundraiser @ The Links at Gettysburg
- 5-17-19 Optimist Olympics(York Club)
- 9-7 and 9-8-2019 Festival Parking –.
Respectfully Submitted, Daryl Aurand, Secretary