The Optimist Club of Gettysburg met on Wednesday, August 21, 2019. We hosted the 4th quarter zone meeting at Lake Heritage.
President Brian Skidmore welcomed (14) members and (5) guests from Gettysburg. We had (7) guests from the East York and Lancaster Optimist Clubs. We opened the evening with all members reciting the pledge of allegiance and Dan giving the invocation. A grilled steak dinner with all the fix ins was enjoyed by all, thank you Stacey.
- First order of business was Lieutenant Governor Dallas Smith welcoming all members and thanking us for all of our projects in helping the youth of our communities.
Club Presidents gave reports on their respective club activities.
- Committee Reports:
- Wine Festival – The Gettysburg Optimist Club will be parking cars on September 7th and 8th. Brian Skidmore is chairman of this fundraiser and will be sending out the time schedule that we have volunteered to help. We could still use some help so if your schedule allows, please contact Brian ASAP.
- September 4th next meeting at Lake Heritage Pavilion
- September 7th and 8th , Wine Festival Parking fund raiser
- September 18th meeting at Refectory
- October 2nd Officer Installation Banquet @ Refectory
- October 9th Board of Directors and Officers calendar planning meeting
- October 16th Regular meeting at Refectory
- December 6th is our Christmas magic show
Respectfully Submitted, Daryl Aurand, Secretary